[NMCycling] North Diversion Trail Underpass Dangers

iHuman via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Sep 19 11:31:52 MDT 2016

Does anyone know if anything can be done about people sleeping and/or partying on the bike path underpasses?

Recently, when I ride the north diversion channel there are groups of people at the bottom of the underpass near Montgomery and the as well as the underpass just north of that. I was riding on Saturday and there were two people sleeping in the middle of the bike path on the southbound lane, a group of 3 standing in the northbound lane visiting with one another, and a group of about 10 about 20 feet away in the southbound lane sitting on the bike path - seemingly oblivious to bikes.

This is a disaster waiting to happen. Both for cyclists - and those sitting/sleeping on the path. (I do mean ON the path, and not off to the side).

thanks for your assistance!
elaine