[NMCycling] North Diversion Trail Underpass Dangers

Paul Sery via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Sep 19 14:04:30 MDT 2016

I saw a police talking with them under Montgomery a couple of months ago,
but there's no obvious on-going effort. It's a problem up and down that
trail. Yesterday, there was a woman lying down at the entrance to the NDiv
channel crossing near Rocky Mountain Stone near I40. She was in the shadow
along the southern railing using her phone - glad I didn't take the turn
wide. Yikes.

I've had a shopping cart pushed down the ramp at me and had to call 911 to
report two assaults in progress under Carlisle. Dodging needles and glass
is a constant hazard. We're building a 50 mile loop while the most used
trail in town turns feral. Oh well.

On a positive note, the iron bars look like a long-term way to keep the
camps from developing under Carlise and I40/NDiv. They've also cut down a
lot of the vegitation that provides cover along the strech from Carlise.
I'm curious if the city, feds or AMAFCA installed them. (I've seen AMAFCA
surveying the homeless population this past winter.)