[NMCycling] Roosevelt Cyclocross & TNCX info

hawke morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Sep 26 22:12:51 MDT 2016

A few notes on the Roosevelt CX, which will be the NMCX series opener.

The younger juniors and non-open women will do an abbreviated course, which will be very easy and suited for beginners.  It will have one short runup and a short stair section.  There will be a kids race on an even more abbreviated course.  Other categories will do a longer course with two longish runs, some tricky ungroomed grass in the woods, and the same stair section.  (Some riders will be able to ride the stair section.)  Expect more running than most NMCX races.  The first 1k will 4-6m wide to allow for a nice civilized start.  The first 700m or so will be paved.  We will traverse the ~100m soccer field 9 times per lap, so there will be a fair bit of park grass.  We will take a vote at the line for the 4/5/older junior race as to which course they want to do.  A map and other info is up on the website at bcdracing.com/cycling.  It is really a lovely venue for cross.  I organized the first race in the area about 16 years ago, and there have been CX races out there almost every year since.

Preregistration is being done through Google Forms (like the NMES does). We are not asking for money at prereg, and will not penalize you can't make it after registering (but if you can't make it, please send me an email and let me know.)  However, if you do not prereg by 10PM Wednesday 9-28, and show up on raceday we will charge you an extra $10.  You can also register at the clinic on Saturday 1200-1400 without the late fee.  Juniors are only $5 prereg but they are not exempt from late fees.

We will pre-ride part of the course on Tuesday at the TNCX.  6PM preride start at 6:15.  Free.

If you have questions email me.

yourstruly at fastmail.com