[NMCycling] Helmets and NMES

Nathan Berg via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Apr 10 08:54:01 MDT 2017

First of all thanks for the great turn out on Saturday, I'll be getting
results posted today.

I'm quite surprised that I'm having to address this, however, if it was
unclear, helmets are required to participate in NMES events.  Saturday we
had a rider who I don't personally know and therefore I can't identify out
on gravell/cross bike with a baseball cap.  This is unacceptable.
Excluding the personnel danger this person is exposing themselves to it
places extreme and excessive liability on NMES and jeopardizes the future
of the series if something stupid happens.  I don't care who you are, how
good you think you are, shit can happen.
We rely on the honor system in NMES, and we place emphasis on personnel
preparation and responsibility.  Implicit in that is the expectation that
the riders we get are experienced, and, as such, have the sense to wear a
helmet.
If you don't want to wear a helmet, that's your choice as an adult.  Just
don't come to our rides then.

Cheers,
Nate