[NMCycling] don't wait......check that tink tink tink

Hans Barsun via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Apr 24 14:58:24 MDT 2017

When you break a spoke it is usually not that big of a deal.   Open the brakes and keep going.   Also as I learned today don’t wait to stop as soon as you can and secure the remains of the spoke or this can happen to you:
1 shredded derailleur (thank goodness for e-bay)
1 bent dropout (thank goodness for the Bike Coop here in a couple days)
1 twisted chain (thank goodness for chain tools and a spare I can use later)
Ugh.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D2BD0B.3764D290]