[NMCycling] NMBRA & Races

Silvio Menezes via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Feb 23 09:13:28 MST 2017

Bike Racers:

   - Your* NMBRA <http://nmbra.org>* will be holding an election meeting
   this coming Saturday, 2/25,  starting @ 3:00 PM, @ Sport Systems Community
   Room.  We will be electing 2 Members at Large positions and 1 Treasure
   position to join our current board members.  If you are interested in
   becoming a member of the board I strongly encourage you to show up.
Your *NMBRA
   <http://nmbra.org>* is going thru a transition period and the new
   members will be helping finalize it.   Sport Systems is located on *6915
   Montgomery Ne, Albuquerque, NM 87109*

   - The first  *Zia Ride Mt. Bike Event *is coming up this weekend, 2/25
   in Silver City, NM.  More information visit ZiaRides
   <http://ZiaRides.com>.
   - The first road race of the *New Mexico Road Series, The Trifeca Series*,
    is coming up on March 4th-5th in Las Cruces, NM.  You can register for the
   race @ New Mexico Sports On line
   <http://newmexicosportsonline.com/Cycling/ZiaVelo-Road-TriFecta-Series-2017/55183>
   .
   - As you current Road/CX Upgrade Coordinator for New Mexico I would like
   to encourage all racers that want/need an upgrade to submit your request
   sooner then later.  It takes me a couple days to complete and depending on
   how much information and lead I have, it may take longer.  More information
   can be found @ USAC website
   <https://www.usacycling.org/road-category-upgrade-guidelines.htm> .
   Bellow are the general gidelines

GUIDELINES AND NOTES BY CATEGORY

   - *Category 5 to 4*: Finish 10 mass start races.
   - *Category 4 to 3*: 20 points; or experience in 25 races with a minimum
   of 10 top-10 finishes with fields of 30 riders or more; or 20 pack finishes
   with fields over 50. 30 Points in 12 months is a mandatory upgrade.
      - USA Cycling-sanctioned rider camps and clinics that are approved by
      the Local Associations for upgrading will count as a maximum of three
      upgrade points when upgrading from category 4 to 3.
   - *Category 3 to 2*: 30 points; 40 points in 12 months is a mandatory*
   upgrade
   - *Category 2 to 1*: 35 points**; 50 points in 12 months is a mandatory*
   upgrade

   - Attached to this e-mail you will find a list of Road/Mt Bike/Endurance
   events for 2017.  This information will be placed in your NMBRA web site
   soon.  If your are planning an event and you would like to have it listed
   please contact me off the bike-racers list and I will make sure it will be
   included. Please note that your event does not need to be sanctioned by
   USAC to be listed, although I would encourage you to do so due to
   liability.

*Thanks....*
*Silvio Menezes | Sport Systems 505 Cycling <http://505cycling.com>*
                      *New Mexico Bicycle Race Association