[NMCycling] Informal races/gravel grinders/alleycats

hawke morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon Feb 27 21:21:02 MST 2017

Bike Racers:

The Tuesday Informal Series will be starting up again on 3/14 with a “gravel” course that is doable on a MTB, Road Bike, or a CX bike, but probably best on a CX bike.  I say “gravel” because there really is not much gravel, mostly hardpacked ditchroads or pavement.  Info at bcdraing.com/cycling.  We will use this course for that and the next three Tuesdays.

I am also planning on doing the Oak Leaf Classic Circuit again, east of the Oak Flat Picnic Area.  April instead of July as there will be a NMORS at Cedro in July this year.  This one will have an RSVP minumum of about 15 riders.  MTB Circuit with a lot of twisty singletrack, probably about 20 miles for the faster guys.  (Not the course for the NMORS race BTW, but it will share a some sections)
Info also at bcdracing.com/cycling

These will be free but if you want to bring a fiver or such to help cover my gas and such that would be cool.

My brother is organizing some Gravel Grinders in eastern NM this Spring.
4/2 Twins and Triplets in Baird, NM (Russel's Truckstop, home of Elvis, etc.)
5/13 Logan Lasoo, Logan, NM, (about 35 mi NE of Tucumcari)
There is also one near Amarillo, TX on 4/15
These are not free but have some prizes and feed support for the longer events.
I did one of the series in Shamrock TX last weekend, photos here:
https://www.facebook.com/hawkemorgan/posts/10212620741577045/
Series info at https://www.facebook.com/West-Texas-Gravel-Grinders-197486015640/
Registration is through bikereg.com

The alleycat folks have the following events coming up.  All are free or very cheap.  If you want to stay up on them see https://www.facebook.com/pg/gatosracingclub/

MAR 3 Fixed and Furious (street sprints)
Fri 7:30 PM · Duck Pond at UNM to ride down.  Actual sprints at Comercial and Odelia in Albuquerque

MAR 17 The Gold Rush (Alleycat)
Fri 7 PM · Wells Park, Albuquerque, New Mexico

APR 1 April Fool's Race (Alleycat)
Sat 12 PM · Altura Park, Albuquerque · Albuquerque

Best Regards,

yourstruly at fastmail.com