[NMCycling] August 12, 2017

Jennifer Buntz via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Jun 21 11:19:04 MDT 2017

Cyclists,
Although I have to report that the Gran Fondo [Taos, Mora, Angel Fire]
won't be happening this year (due to a large road construction project) I
do have an August alternative to announce.

On August 12, Duke City Wheelmen will be running the inaugural La Mosca
Bicicleta, a ROAD + DIRT = FUN event that will start in Grants, NM.

Registration is live
http://www.active.com/grants-nm/cycling/la-mosca-bicicleta-2017

The dirt will be on maintained gravel roads, perfect for cross bikes.  The
climbing will probably make you want more gearing that is typical for a
cross bike though.

Information is posted on our website
http://www.dukecitywheelmen.org/

and a facebook event page
http://bit.ly/2sMGr4e

And here are GPS maps of the Short loop
http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=fpzxrvfoetlqtxog

and the Long loop
http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=wtgxbzonvaydbvhf

If you used the "team registration" option for the Gran Fondo, this feature
is available for La Mosca Bicicleta.  Creating a "team" for this event on
Active.com gets team members a 10% discount.   Let me know if you have
questions about this, or anything else about the event.

Hope to see you there.

Jennifer