[NMCycling] Tuesday crit practice

hawke morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Mon May 29 13:21:24 MDT 2017

Bike Racers:

Tuesday Crit Practice will be tomorrow evening at the south end of 2nd St 6:15 PM. Wind is supposed to be in the 10mph range which is not bad.  We will keep these up until the TNCs start, whenever that may be.

We will do 15 mins easy, 30 mins tempo, and 40 mins fast. (If you just want to do the fast bit you could show at 7:00PM and jump in.) This way everyone, even more beginner riders, get to practice some time following "the line" while in a group.  Course is kind of a dead end neighborhood with almost no traffic, but will not be closed.  1/2 ok pavement 1/2 good pavement.  Three 90deg corners.

A note on safety.  We will have a turn marshal who will alert us to any traffic issues on turn 2.  He will not stop traffic (as we do not have a permit to close the street), but he will wave a flag is he sees a car.  The other two corners are really open and should be safe.  If there is a car, we will neutralize until we are passed the area.  We have done several little practice “races" down in this area in the past with no incidents.  There are maybe three little potholes that I will mark with paint.   I will sweep turn 3.

I would like to see about a dozen riders to make this worthwhile, so if you are thinking of coming, RSVP by emailing me directly or clicking going on FB.  https://www.facebook.com/events/1384114761635362/

Try to bring a couple of dollars a head to pay the marshal.  No entry fee per se.

Coursemap and info at bcdracing.com/cycling

yourstruly at fastmail.com