[NMCycling] Cycling film

Carolyn Donnelly via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Wed Oct 11 17:34:15 MDT 2017

Passing along a film that may be of interest to folks on the list.
Carolyn

I have news to share with The Wheelmen of New Mexico and I am asking that you kindly pass along to the membership –   A new film from Phil Keoghan, Emmy award-winning host of CBS' "The Amazing Race" for 29 seasons, called Le RIDE, will be screening ONE NIGHT ONLY at these theaters in New Mexico.  The film screens at 6:30 pm on Thursday, November 9.  It’s a great film dedicated to cyclists everywhere, and we hope that The Wheelmen will turn out on November 9 for this one-night-only opportunity to see it. Tickets must be purchased online (in advance) at https://us.demand.film/le- ride/ -- you can also view a trailer for the film there.

 In the film, Phil Keoghan documents his attempt to recreate the actual route of the 1928 Tour de France, accompanied only by a cycling buddy and a tiny film crew.  While the appeal of the film is universal, we know that cyclists, especially, will want to see it, which is why I am reaching out to you and The Wheelmen today.   You likely know Phil from his hosting of "The Amazing Race" on CBS for 29 seasons.  Shot and scored beautifully, the film recounts Phil's attempt to recreate the actual route of the 1928 Tour de France, 3,300+ grueling miles, on vintage (actual 1928 models) bikes with no modern upgrades.  With just a small camera crew alongside them, Phil and his friend Ben trace the course in the same way the riders did in 1928, matching the mileage covered day-for-day, sometimes riding 20+ hours into the darkness in order to remain faithful to the original route and timing. https://us.demand.film/le- ride/  LE RIDE is the first film to be distributed in the U.S. by Demand Film, a crowd-sourcing film distributor that began in Australia four years ago.  The company's success has grown tremendously and earlier this year they launched in the UK, and now — with the film — they are launching in North America.   In fact, members of The Wheelman who would like to host screenings in addition to those taking place November 9, can go to the website and request a screening – someone from Demand Film will get in touch with them to discuss that possibility. Won’t you kindly share this with The Wheelmen throughout New Mexico?  If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks, and happy cycling!  Paul Gendreau  |  PGPRFor Demand Film678-807-7945 |  paul at pgprmedia.com818.693.0245  cell