[NMCycling] DOTT - help us keep a safe pace on the bike path.

John Vance via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Oct 27 16:48:49 MDT 2017

Hey guys, that time of the year again.

DOTT will again be heading out on the Bosque path to Alameda this Sunday.
The past few years we've done a good job keeping the pace reasonable on the
path.  Some of you may remember what it was like before during Spike's Ride
and the Albuquerque Century when the group barreled down the path at over
30 mph.  That was a pile of broken bones waiting to happen.

So once again, we're asking for your assistance.  Please help us out
keeping the pace moderated to ~20 or so mph until we hit Alameda.  Tramway
will still be there for the real throwdown :-)

We've had some incidents with people getting buzzed by the front group
heading to the finish on the bike path.  Crazy, right?  I'm hoping that we
can all "cease hostilities" when we hit the path, have some nice
conversations, and then a beverage of choice afterwards.

Thanks for your consideration,

John Vance