[NMCycling] Pajarito Trailfest - October 21

Clay Moseley via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Sep 19 17:02:12 MDT 2017

We have a better event website up for the Pajarito Trailfest on October 21:

http://www.unmskiteam.com/fall_festival/

We will have some prizes from a pretty cool mountain bike components
company based here in Los Alamos - GravityWorx (https://grvtwrx.com/),
among some other things.

Pajarito Mountain will run the lifts for practice runs and just general
bike park fun on Friday, October 20, as well as on race day (
https://skipajarito.com/).

The 3-stage mini-tour xc/enduro combo event should be a lot of fun.
Results will be based on points.  Each rider will get two runs on each of
the two enduro segments.  These segments will be totally rideable on a good
xc rig (best with dual suspension), but there will be some spice included
with black-diamond "short-cut" options, or you can opt to keep it on the
sane side and go the slightly longer way around on more flowy single
track.  Even the xc stage will be fun with some flowy, forested mountain
single track.

Plan on camping up at Pajarito if you want!  Maybe we'll even provide some
free beer for those who do camp...

Oh yeah, and for those who *ahem* want to run (why?) instead of mountain
biking, there will also be the very popular traditional Pajarito Trailfest
routes:  10km "Round the Mountain" run (up the east side trails, down the
west side trails), and the 25km "Round the Mountain, out to Guaje Canyon
and back" run, which is on some very beautiful trails on the rim of the
Valles Caldera with amazing views.

This will be a fun fall event!