[NMCycling] Duke City Wheelmen has two requests

Jennifer Buntz via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Aug 30 21:23:43 MDT 2018

The first request has to with the Gran Fondo [Taos, Mora, Angle Fire].  The
Taos Sports Alliance (TSA) has decided not to participate in the event this
year.  I am willing to put the event on, IF i could secure enough people to
populate the rest stations.  In years past, TSA has secured these
volunteers.

So, if any of you can volunteer your help, and I get enough people (at
least 5, one for each rest station) by September 5th, next Wednesday, then
the event can proceed.  If the volunteers can't be found, then I'll have to
cancel.  Those who have registered will receive a refund.

The second problem we are facing is the inability to find enough old,
unusable for other purposes, road bikes to make into ghost bikes.  We have
several requests that remain unfilled because we don't have any road
bikes.  I know we could place mountain bikes, but they don't look as nice -
there is just something special about a road frame as a ghost bike...

If you have or know about a road bike that has reached the end of its life
as a ridable machine, please consider passing it on to become a ghost bike.

email me directly if you can help.  bikefunsafe at gmail.com

Thank you,
Jennifer