[NMCycling] WINTER HIT WORKOUTS

Richard Woodruff via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Dec 9 08:25:42 MST 2018

Greetings everyone!
The annual HIT winter training workouts will begin on Tuesday, January 8th at 6:30p. These workouts are based on Dr. Arnie Baker’s 13-week, twice-a-week training workouts.  As they were last year, this year’s workouts will be held at the Sid Cutter Pilot Pavilion located on the Balloon Fiesta Park grounds and led by Mike Lucero and me. We have switched to using Tuesdays for the “easier” workouts and Thursdays for the “harder”.
What you will need: your bike. An indoor trainer. A bike computer that will show cadence. A pump. Something with which to elevate the front end of your bike about 4-6 inches from the floor. A couple of towels (one to use to clean the floor around you after the workout). Fluids.
The city charges rent for the use of the SCPP so, as we did last year, we are asking for a $5 donation for each the 26 workouts to help defray the costs of the rent. Donations can be made at each session or the entire amount can be donated on the first evening or, in any manner anyone choses. There will be lengthy periods when you will be able to leave your bike(s) and trainer(s) at the pavilion and some (few) evenings when you’ll have to take them with you the end of the workout. We will have to switch from the Pavilion to the event center for a couple of weeks in March to accommodate  APS’s use of the Pavilion for their art show, just as we did last year.

We hope that we will see many of you again this year as well many who might be new to the workouts.

Thanks everyone!

Woody