[NMCycling] 2019 NRMS Follow-Up Survey

Tom Egelhoff via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Dec 18 19:31:56 MST 2018

I think there are many questions.  Some of which have come up trying to organize the State Championship Road Race.  Do we as a series have 40+, 50+ and 60+.  Are Cat.1 Masters aged racers permitted to race Masters.  Also the question has been raised about the possibility of having a Masters women’s race.  As for bringing in new racers, I think the challenge especially for the racers that have taken up the sport later in life is the reality of racing against others that are 20 to 30 years younger or racing against Cat. 3 masters and being dropped every race.  Not sure what the answer is.  It seems that there are few Cat. 1 and 2 Masters 50+.  It seems reasonable to pair Cat. 1,2,3 Masters together and pair Cat. 4 Masters with master age beginners along with Cat. 4’s. Then we need to determine whether Cat. 1 ,2 and 3’s race together or race the Cat. 3’s separate.  I have received feed back from both sides on this one.  It would be nice to decide on all of these questions and try to stick to the Categories through out the season.  The priority should be to do our best to provide a challenging race experience for all and do our best not to exclude riders of lesser skill levels.  It’s all about enjoying riding our bikes.

Tom

Wendell T. Egelhoff
Director of Agronomy
The Club at Las Campanas