[NMCycling] La Mosca Bicicleta

Jennifer Buntz via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sat Jul 21 07:32:39 MDT 2018

To get yourself to Grants on Sunday, I suggest the freeway.

Be ready for a challenging day, maybe in the breakaway.

I predict you’ll be thrilled with your exciting playday as you reach the
finishing byway.

You can still register in person:
Tonight from 4-7pm in Grants at the Junkyard Brewery
Tomorrow morning 6-6:30 am in Grants at the Junkyard Brewery

http://www.dukecitywheelmen.org/

The course will be marked with pink flagging tape on signs, fences and
trees.  Follow the tape!  There will also be a tall purple flag sign for
the long loop participants at the first turn onto the first dirt sector,
and for everyone riding back to Junkyard Brewery (left onto Sakelares Blvd)
However, I'll also have maps and cue sheets for participants at the
Junkyard Brewery, or you can print your own cue sheet.  But remember, the
tape is more reliable than the cue sheet!  Info below.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Long Loop

•                MILE 0 – Start @ Junkyard Brewery 1634 Route 66

•                MILE 6 – Milan, right turn onto Hwy 05

•                MILE 17 – Left onto County Road (CR) 23 Haystack Road
(gravel)

•                MILE 25 – Right onto CR 41/Red Mountain Road (gravel)

•                MILE 28 – Right onto Backwood Road (gravel)

•                MILE 33 – Transition back to pavement

•                MILE 35 – Right onto Hwy 509

•                MILE 40 – Aid Station #1 & right onto Hwy 605

•                MILE 46 – Left onto Lee Ranch Road

•                MILE 49 – Right onto FS (Forest Service) 456 (gravel)

•                MILE 53 – Aid Station #2 and right onto FS 239 (gravel)

•                MILE 64 – Right onto FS 453 (gravel)

•                MILE 69 – Finish @ Saddle between La Mosca Peak and Mt.
Taylor. (gravel)

Short Loop

•                MILE 0 – Start @ Junkyard Brewery 1634 Route 66

•                MILE 6 – Milan, right turn onto Hwy 05

•                MILE 20 – Aid Station #1 & right onto Hwy 605

•                MILE 26 – Left onto Lee Ranch Road

•                MILE 29 – Right onto FS (Forest Service) 456 (gravel)

•                MILE 32 – Aid Station #2 and right onto FS 239 (gravel)

•                MILE 43 – Right onto FS 453 (gravel)

•                MILE 47 – Finish @ Saddle between La Mosca Peak and Mt.
Taylor (gravel)