[NMCycling] GFNY Santa Fe Pre-Ride April 28th

Michael McCalla via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Tue Apr 16 11:48:23 MDT 2019

Hi Everybody,

If you missed the first GFNY Santa Fe pre-ride in March, here's another chance!

We are going to be having a GFNY Santa Fe group ride a week after Easter, April 28th at 9 am. Here are the details:

-Start from Mellow Velo at 9 am (regular place/time)

-Long and medium rides, both will do a 39 mile loop with 2,700' of climbing. We won't ride the entire loop today, so we can focus on the middle and end of the route.  We will re-group at intersections for the first 39 miles, we will ride the Las Campanas loop to Tesuque.  The long route will continue all the way to the Ski Santa Fe and back (weather permitting), for a total ride of 67 miles with 6,600' of climbing.

-The climb up to Ski Santa Fe will NOT be a no-drop ride, this is a great time to practice your own pace (the correct pace) for the long climb. Riders of the medium route are more invited to test themselves on the long climb, this could be a great way to decide if you are ready to race the long route in June, or if riding the medium version of GFNY Santa Fe is more to your liking.

I hope to see you out there on April 28th!

Mike McCalla