[NMCycling] event cancelled

Squash Blossom Classic Crew via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Aug 1 07:23:19 MDT 2019

Hey All, just wanted to say a quick note about the Squash Blossom Classic -
Screamer Race:  The event cancellation for 2019 is not related to low
registration / participation.  The organization is currently without an
acting Race Director / Event Promoter and feels that, this late in the
game, it would be too difficult to hand off all the responsibilities to
someone new.  I would like to say thank you to everyone (racers, family,
support crew) who have supported the Screamer over the past 14 years.  You
guys and gals have truly made putting on this event worthwhile and I thank
you for that.  As many of you know, the single track in Gallup - High
Desert Trails - is outstanding.  Please look for the return of our event in
2020 and please take some time to visit Gallup and shred!

Sincerely,
Andy Stravers