[NMCycling] ABQ MM BFL is upon us, for real this time.

Nathan Berg via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Feb 28 15:35:17 MST 2019

The first NMES ride of the year is upon us this Saturday.  So far
conditions are looking pretty decent, should be about 45 F at the start
warming up to around 60.  A breeze out of the SW will be welcome for the
folks doing the 100 miler, and there's a slight chance of precip starting
around 3 PM to motivate you to gitt'r dun.

As always, be extremely cautious, this route involves riding in traffic as
well as on trails that include a highly diverse range of user.  Be
courteous and do not over ride the available conditions and visibility.

The courses this year are the same as last year.  For the 100 mile racers
Dennis Chavez has volunteered to place a neutral water drop at the Random
Garbage Truck Compound that you pass on your right between Southern and
Norther Blvd.  My assessment is this puts it at about mile 71.  Your last
chance to resupply before then would be one of the options at Ladera and
Unser prior to hitting the dirt heading into the volcanoes.

For the 59 mile, due to construction on Rio Bravo between I-25 and Broadway
you folks will follow the 100 miler course past Isleta Pavilion and onto
Bobby Foster.  The bonus for the added miles though is that you won't cross
to the west side of the river at Mantano and slog through those sand pits.
>From Mantano to Alameda you'll be on the Bosque multi-use path.

All these details are on the course website.

http://nm-es.weebly.com/abq-mixed-media-big-friggin-loop.html

All the GPS files are linked on the course website.

RIDE will start promptly at 8 AM with a civilized, careful neutral roll-out
to the ditch bank.  Once you hit the dirt it's game on.  With the usual
caveat to be nice to the locals who are typically out walking their dogs on
the ditch bank enjoying a serene Saturday morning.

Sign out after the race, if you bail and don't return to the start email or
text me (505)980.5388.

Cheers,
Nate

Nathan Berg
F.I.S.T. Certified Tri/TT and Road Race Bike Fitter
F.I.S.T. Equipped Fit Center: EXiT cycling fit bike, Computrainer
Resistance Unit, Purely Custom Variable Length Crank.
Pedal/Shoe interface trained by Paul Swift of BikeFit LLC
http://fit2wincycling.com
(505)980-5388