[NMCycling] HB 192 passes Senate Corporations & Transportation Committee

Brian Kreimendahl via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Mar 1 18:26:59 MST 2019

All:

HB 192, the 5-Feet To Pass Bicycles Bill, received a unanimous (7-0) "do pass" recommendation from the Senate Corporations & Transportation Committee tonight (Friday night).

This was the first committee hearing for this Bill in the Senate. Next up is the Senate Judiciary Committee and we anticipate that hearing will be next week. If we get a "do pass" in Senate Judiciary, the final step will be a full Senate floor vote. We will be asking for your help when we get to the Senate floor vote.

We have a great team moving this Bill forward in a crowded legislative session with more than 1000 Bills filed, all vying for a spot on these committee and floor agendas. The session ends at 12 Noon on March 16.

Best regards,

Brian Kreimendahl
For Bike Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico