[NMCycling] spring TNCs

hawke morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Sun Mar 10 21:48:19 MDT 2019

Bike Racers,

The TNCs were scheduled to start on this Tuesday, 3/12, but rain is looking very likely.  If it doesn't rain we will do an informal crit practice on the empty roads SE of Gibson and Girard.  5:45PM 30 min crit clinic, "race" at 6:15PM one group, 50mins.  It is probably going to seriously rain, but I will send out notice on Monday if the weather changes.

On the bigger picture, I am planning this spring to alternate road with gravel or MTB races on Tuesdays.  I have a decent course I found at Balloon Fiesta Park north of our normal course in more or less the area used for the Fiesta Cross, but all on pavement.  They have paved some new roads up there.  It has some bumpy bits but is all paved and has a little hill in it.  I am not sure of the exact course, I have a meeting planned with the park this week.  I think it is safer than the spring course last year, with that tight cobbled corner, but the pavement is a little bumpier in spots.

We can start using the normal NASCAR course (or some variation of it) on 6/11, and on most, but not all, Tuesdays until the end of August.  We will quit alternating road/dirt in June do road crits every week we can.  There may be one or two crits in Santa Fe.  I will keep this list apprised as to the plans.

Next Tuesday is a MTB practice, set up by Joe Prinzivalli, info here:
https://www.facebook.com/mtbcoach505/

Info at https://bcdracing.com/cycling/

Best Regards,

yourstruly at fastmail.com