[NMCycling] HB192. Request to Veto

Jackie Shane via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Mar 21 09:19:47 MDT 2019

New Mexico Cyclists:

Here is a possible solution to the conundrum of the 5 Foot to Pass Bill.
Contact Gov. Grisham and ask her to support HB 192, BUT to please line-item
veto the phrase that requires cyclists to ride any existing side-path.
Side-paths cost money, so this portion of the bill may be considered a
budget item.  (She can only line-item veto *budget* items). If Republican
Senators can write in a nasty amendment at the 11th hour, maybe we can do
the like.
https://www.governor.state.nm.us/contact-the-governor/

Jackie Shane