[NMCycling] Main St MTB race course change for Saturday

hawke morgan via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Thu Mar 28 18:16:07 MDT 2019

Bike-racers,

Due to circumstances pretty much beyond my control, mainly lack of communication between agencies, my permit to use the bosque area in Los Lunas got denied.  Basically Los Lunas Open Space told me they would approve event over a month ago, and then last week MRGCD tells me they need a permit too, and despite me getting them all the paperwork they asked for, as of this morning, (3/28) they decided not to permit the event.
So I am going to move Saturday's race to the same location as Sundays race.  Maybe we will go one direction on Saturday and the opposite way on Sunday.  I will try to keep it interesting.  If you were coming just because it was a bosque race, let me know, and I will take you off the list.  The trails up at Roosevelt are pretty cool, but I really wanted to do the bosque race too.  The trails down in that section of the bosque are really ideal.  I am not very happy about this, but there is nothing I can do.  At least I have a back up venue.  Note that we will also reduce the starts to two, see the new schedule on the website.
https://bcdracing.com/cycling/2019mainst.html

Thanks,

yourstruly at fastmail.com