[NMCycling] do send letters to Grisham

Heidi Snell VisualEscapes at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 10 14:25:34 MDT 2020

Fellow cyclists:

I think MLGrisham needs to hear from many cyclists as to why there
needs to be an exception the mask rule. The letter can be short and
easy, simply asking to not wearing a mask when cycling while also
keeping a good social distance.  Others of you have already written
good reasons and those can be incorporated into a letter. I don't
think she needs a huge list of reasons, but she does need to hear
from enough people to make time to make a change in the ruling.

My thoughts are with the mask law and a fine involved, it seems to me
the cyclist/police interactions could just get worse. Police could
easily pull a cyclist over as an easy target. Without an exception to
the mask ruling, a ticket could be a plausible result.

A letter is easy and she just needs to hear from the New Mexicans she
is trying to protect.  I expect she is willing to make a change with
proper input.

I certainly would not want to be in her shoes with the massive
pressure she has trying to keep as many people safe as she can while
maintaining a functioning state.

cheers,
heidi