[NMCycling] FWIW

John Vance adogapanicinapagoda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:50:36 MDT 2020

My wife tried out a Zensah face mask last night on her ride.  She says it
was fine.  It has straps around the back of the head instead of around the
ears, a plus as far as I'm concerned.  I may try it out tonight.

I tried out a Voler neck gaiter.  It took some arranging on my face to get
it to stay over the nose. I use a headsweats head cover which adds some
friction and then the helmet locks the back of it up high on the back of
the head.  Breathing through it was no issue.  It doesn't stay wet very
long because it's designed to evaporate quickly.  I tried a hardish effort
up Simms and didn't feel limited.  Well, I have other things limiting me
right now.  I will have to shave more regularly because my stubble seems to
act like a ratchet against it staying up.  Drinking was an issue which I
will figure out.  Best part - I looked like I was doing a Doom Patrol
cosplay.  I may need to start wearing one of these anyway to keep more UV
off my neck and face.