[NMCycling] Tuesday Gravel ITT 7/7?

hawke morgan yourstruly at fastmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:02:46 MDT 2020

Bike-racers:

What do y'all think about a gravel ITT on Tuesday 7/7? I am thinking of starting at the Bernco Open Space parking area just after you turn right on the dirt going to Cedto Peak. Course will climb up to the Cedro Picnic area, come back down, go east over Juan Thomas, out to the end of Wispering Pines and back, out to the church and back, and finally back over Juan Thomas to the finish. About 13.7 miles and probably 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how fast you are. 1 minute intervals. First rider off at 6:30. I will try to start the fastest riders last.  I will put up arrows.
Course here:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33106737

This is the tentative COVID plan:
A. Do not gather in groups of more than 5 at any point.
B. Start times will be posted the night before, just ride up and start. If you sigh up and can't make it, text me.
C. Riders must start one foot down.
D. Signup online if at all possible. If you have to sign up a the race, wear a mask. Wear masks if you need to interact with other participants (borrow someones pump or the like.) We don't ask that you wear mask to race or warm up, but you can if you like. Try to print and pre-sign releases if you have not done one since the first TNCX of the fall of 2019. No entry fee with a $13 non-required suggested donation, payable online.
F. No awards ceremony, partial results will be posted on FB. ASAP after the race, full results later that night. We might do some small prizes like chocolate which I will hand out afterwards.
G. If you pass your minute man/woman give then 6 feet of space. Obviously you can't draft it is an ITT.

Sound ok?  Should I change something?
If it goes well we might alternate gravel and MTB ITTs for a while.

Let me know what you think.

yourstruly at fastmail.com