[NMCycling] 505 Cycling Classic - Cancellation

Silvio Menezes via Bike-racers bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com
Fri Mar 13 14:25:20 MDT 2020

*3/13/2020*

*Cycling Community & Amazing Sponsors,*

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the *cancellation* of the 2020
505 Cycling Classic.  With the numerous cancellations that were announced
this week due to Covid-19 protection measures (including the Albuquerque
Public School system, the Tour of the Gila, and a large number of public
events around New Mexico) the 505 Cycling Classic Race Board started to
discuss our options last night.  On Friday morning, we received word from
the City of Albuquerque that they were canceling our event permit.

We put a lot of our heart and effort into this event every year, and we are
sorry it is not going to happen.  However, it is clear that this is the
right thing decision during this difficult time for our community, country
and world.

Refunds will promptly be issued from Bike Reg for those that were
registered.  Please look for our event to be bigger and even better next
year!

Stay healthy and safe.

*505 Cycling Team*
*Thanks....*