[NMCycling] Save The Dates!

Brent Bonwell brent at bonwell.org
Wed Nov 18 10:01:07 MST 2020

The Core Crew <https://www.core-crew.com/> has picked dates for it's
2021 events.

The La Tierra Torture XC mountain bike race will be August 28th, on the
La Tierra Open Space trails.  The Santa Fe Fat Tire Society just
rebuilt/improved the Hustle and Flow trail so we'll be sure it's part of
the course.  Depending on the race category, the race will be
approximately 9, 18, or 27 miles.

The 6 Hours in the Basin for Commonweal endurance race will be Saturday,
October 2nd on the Galisteo Basin Preserve trails.  The course will
probably include the 5 miles of new trail built this year.  Core Crew
donated $3000 to Commonweal to pay for the archeology survey of the new
trail, using registration fees from the cancelled 2020 race.  If you
registered for the 2020 race, you'll be racing on trails /you /help make
happen.  What's better than that?

The 6th annual Tatonka 5K or 10K run/walk in memory of SFC Matthew Q.
McClintock, KIA Afghanistan January, 2016 will be October 23rd at
Glorieta Camps.

Just a reminder that the Core Crew is an all volunteer organization that
donates 100% of race proceeds to non-profits in support of local trails
and cyclists.  Since 2006, the Core Crew has raised and donated over
$125,000 through the races it's put on.  THANK YOU to everyone that's
taken part in any of our races to make that possible!

Core Crew <https://www.core-crew.com/>