[NMCycling] Fwd: Crest Road

John Vance adogapanicinapagoda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:23:46 MDT 2021

The guy who died on August 8th is Gustavo Fernandez, from a post on Santa
Fe Road Riders facebook group.  I don't know any more than that.

The rumor regarding the crashes is that the road treatment used for
resurfacing the Crest road is not great for two wheeled vehicles.  Not as
much traction, so maybe those of us who like to approach the limits of
traction in the corners need to back off to 80%.  You start to slide in a
car and you have an eternity to recover.  Your tires let go on a bike and
well, nothing between you and the pavement but air.