[NMCycling] FW: Fwd: Crest Road

Chris Kelley ckelley2 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 09:23:25 MDT 2021

Sorry to hear the sad news. I was reading about asphalt fog seals and the
California Dept of Transportation says that "Emulsions that are not
adequately diluted with water may not properly penetrate the surface voids
resulting in excess asphalt on the surface of the pavement after the
emulsion breaks, which can result in a slippery surface."
Also after fog sealing, the road coefficient of friction is measured and
must be at least 0.30. Hopefully that was done.

More information here:
https://rosap.ntl.bts.gov/view/dot/27498/dot_27498_DS1.pdf?