[NMCycling] clarification on vax status.

hawke morgan yourstruly at fastmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:53:08 MDT 2021

Bike-racers:

I would just like to clarify that there is an option in TNC registration for a separate non-vaccinated race.  If we get a reasonable number (like about 10) riders interested in the non-vaccinated race, I am willing to accommodate those riders in a separate race.  As of now I have exactly zero people who checked the box desiring the non-vaccinated race.

On a personal level I am not taking sides on this issue per se.  It is my opinion that there are legitimate reasons not to get a vaccine.  It is a very complex situation.  At this point each individual is legally allowed to define those reasons and parameters for themselves, and not have those reasons and parameters defined for them.  This is important even on approved vaccines, and certainly on fast-track approved "emergency access" vaccines like the COVID vaccines.  I do not want to see that policy change.  I do not want my actions in running the TNC to be seen in any way as a part of trying to force that to change.  I have friends that have chosen not to get the vaccine, and I continue to have a great deal of respect for them.

However, among the riders we have signed up, myself included, we have a consensus to have a "race among vaccinated riders," so that is what I am working with at the present time.

Best Regards,

yourstruly at fastmail.com