[NMCycling] USAC Masters Races August 5-8

Joey Bacala joey.bacala at gmail.com
Tue May 25 13:48:05 MDT 2021

>From USAC eligibility requirements:
Eligibility for Masters National Championships Masters Road, Track, and
Cyclocross National Championships

To be eligible you must be 35 years old or older, hold an annual USA
Cycling license, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. You must ride
in your correct age class and may not ride down in age (with the exception
of selected team events on the track that are listed as 30+, 45+, etc.). *In
addition, there are a few massed-start events that require a specific
numerical category.*

In the rule book it does state that for the categories spanning 35-54, it's
only Cat 1/2/3 for men, and on the women's side it's 35-44 Cat 1/2/3 only.
Men 55+ have no category requirement, and women 45+ have no category
requirement.

These requirements could be out of date, I'll update if I hear anything
different at tomorrow's announcement.

Haven't heard anything for cost, but USAC nationals is usually in the
neighborhood of $90 per event entered. That was in more expensive cities
with more difficult courses to control. Hopefully the price is a little
lower here!

Tailwinds,
Joey Bacala