[NMCycling] Traffic incident. White Honda Accord license PXZ 400

iHuman iHuman at comcast.net
Fri Nov 5 17:46:58 MDT 2021

I just got back from a beautiful gravel ride in the bosque. Coming home I was riding east on Candelaria in the bike lane heading towards the roundabout at Rio Grande. A driver approaching in a white Honda from a side street wasn’t paying attention and started to run the stop sign. The two of us riding together had to swerved wide into the street to avoid being hit.

My friend pointed to the stop sign and started shouting ’STOP!’ The driver didn’t like that. I saw he was upset, so I told me friend to just ride and ignore him. We continued east in the bike lane, and he started to follow us. But after a short while he driving in the bike lane pushing me off the road. I pulled over by the curb and stopped. He’s shouting something out the window (I’m deaf, so don’t know what he was saying). Fortunately, the person with me started taking photos with her iPhone and pulled up beside me. He saw the camera quickly drove away and turned into the next neighborhood (a dead end).

Once again we started to ride, and once again he was on our tail. We got through the roundabout and he’s started doing this following us and going into the bike lane. This time he had his wife take pictures of us our the passenger window with her phone. We slowed up, and they finally drove off as there were now cars behind them.

The car is a white Honda Accord, license plate PXZ 400. My guess is they live somewhere near the side road where they almost ran a stop. The photo I’ve attached was the when I had pulled over and he was in driving in bike lane.

If you see the car…avoid him!

I plan to report this to the police. I don’t expect them to do anything, but I want it on record incase he does this to other cyclists down the road.. Does anyone have a contact? Or should I just file a standard online police report?

thanks,
elaine