[NMCycling] Taos Double Boundary Canceled

Chris Hereford cnhereford at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 16:02:07 MDT 2022

Cruces basin sounds good, but dates may be an issue for me.
Moo

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 3:28 PM, Nathan Berg<thebikefitter at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi All,Sorry I've been slow to send this out, but the NMES Taos Double Boundary event is cancelled this year.  The section of South Boundary Trail from Osha Pass to Garcia Park remains closed, and when it opens it will require a significant effort to clear the blow down from the wind event last December.  Additionally, reports are that Elliot Barker trail was significantly damaged during the efforts to contain the Hermits Peak/Calf Canyon fire and is going to require extensive rebuilding.
That said, I'm thinking that would be a good date if there's interest in the Cruces Basin routes out of the Hopewell Lake area.  I haven't had a chance to investigate trail conditions on the CDT north of the lake, but the section south to the green gate has been cleared of down trees.  Ironically we've gone from forest closures due to drought conditions to a wonderfully active monsoon season that has left things a bit too muddy to responsibly access right now (about 5" of rain in the Taos area for the month of July).  If anyone has any beta on the CDT between Hopewell and Brazos Ridge I'd be very interested.
Cheers,Nate

Nathan Berg
F.I.S.T. Certified Tri/TT and Road Race Bike Fitter
F.I.S.T. Equipped Fit Center: EXiT cycling fit bike, Computrainer Resistance Unit, Purely Custom Variable Length Crank.
Pedal/Shoe interface trained by Paul Swift of BikeFit LLC
http://fit2wincycling.com
(505)980-5388