[NMCycling] Mosquero Bear 3/19

hawke morgan yourstruly at fastmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:23:17 MST 2022

Bike-racers,

For the non-roadies out there there will be a gravel race in Mosquero, NM on 3/19 (the same day as the Hillsboro RR.)  Mosquero is NW of Tucumcari.  There are 40, 70 and 100 mi options.  There is quite a climb coming up the escarpment to Mosquero.  I have done the 70mi myself and there is some really cool terrain out there.  It is a backcountry part of NM that you have probably never seen.  Some of it is on an old RR bed.  I would run 40-45mm tires as the southernmost section is a bit bumpy and there is a little sand on the SE part of the course.  It reminds me a little of the San Ysidro Dirt Century.  I would do it CCW myself.  They are planning on having some food and beverages at the finish.
I am not organizing this; it is my brother's race.

https://ridewithgps.com/events/165867-mosquero-cub-bear-grizzly/

Best Regards,

yourstruly at fastmail.com