[NMCycling] Tuesday Racing

hawke morgan yourstruly at fastmail.com
Thu Mar 10 10:23:41 MST 2022

Bike-Racers:

Tuesday races start up Tuesday March 15, 2022.  We are going to alternate road crits and MTB.

We will start with a road crit Tuesday at Balloon Fiesta park.  We will do a Mexican crit (out and back) on West Wind which is the westernmost road in the park.  Courses will vary a little.  We will do a mini crit skills clinic at 5PM, a beginner race at 5:30, a B race at 6PM and an A race at 6:40.

The next Tuesday will be a MTB short track at a new venue at Hubble Dam, which is at Coors and Rio Bravo.  The course is not that all that short at about 1.6 mi.  It has 4 steep little climbs per lap, some ditchroad and some bosquelike singletrack in the Cottonwood trees.  I tried to, more or less, go trail-passing section-trail-passing section-etc.  It is a really nice and pretty new venue.  Good for spectators.  I rode it last night and thought the course was pretty fun.  I will put up a GPS file when I get the trail cleaned out better. (The parking area is actually .75 mi south of Rio Bravo.)

Entry fee is still $15.  Not USAC so you don't need a license.  Juniors free.  Possible beers, root beers, or chocolate as prizes.

Info at:
https://bcdracing.com/

yourstruly at fastmail.com