[NMCycling] NMCX series p/b Jakroo standings after race #5

Patrick Roddy roddy.patrick at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 23:16:02 MST 2022

CX racers!

It’s down to the last race of the NMCX series p/b Jakroo! Thanks to David and 505 Sports Systems for a fantastic race this Sunday at Balloon Fiesta Park. The grass section, while short, was the highlight of the day and the valley of death was 100% rideable this year. We only lost one tire to a barbed wire fence and no errant flag-football kids were hit by a bike. That’s a resounding success by New Mexico standards. Now go sign up for the last race of the NMCX series!

11/27 Prestige SantaCross @ Roosevelt  https://www.bikereg.com/prestige-santacross

Here are your current series leaders. We had two juniors finally come out (thanks, Aileen)! The series is best of 5 so anything can still happen (it won’t). If the women knocked out of the open series don’t do the uncontested SW 4/5 and the W SS races then I don’t know what’s going on. Full results are attached. Let me know if there are any mistakes.

Men’s open: Ricardo Gonzales-Pinzon
Women’s open: Aileen El-Kadi
MM 40+  Ricardo Gonzales-Pinzon
MM 50+ Robert Browning
MM 60+ Jan Bear
WM 40+ Terry Casey
WM 50+ Christina Hartsock
WM 60+ Kim Bear
SM 4/5 Pat-rick Roddy
SW 4/5 Uncontested
Men’s SS Phil Neis
Women’s SS Uncontested
Men Junior 17-18 Justin Mirabel
Men Junior 13-14 Antonio Pell

The Pumpkin Express still has more racers on top of their categories than the Blueberry Pirates. Do they even race?

We are definitely going to need to talk about tie breakers. We are applying the same tie breaker rules that NMCX has applied in the past and that are commonly used in other series. The 1st tie breaker is most wins, followed by most 2nd places, then 3rd places, and so on. If the tie still exists after the best 5 races then we will include the sixth race.

Thanks to everyone who has been coming out to race and help out. And thanks to our wonderful prize sponsors (except for Panos, because he should be racing):

Jakroo
Michael Thomas Coffee
Gyros Mediterranean
Two wheel drive