[NMCycling] Cruces Basin BFL

Chris Hereford cnhereford at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 06:28:34 MDT 2022

While you're out there riding all the routes this coming weekend, note any potential water sources and the nightly low temperatures.
Moo

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 11:07 AM, Nathan Berg<thebikefitter at gmail.com> wrote:   Hi Folks!Cruces Basin BFL is coming up next weekend, currently we only have 4 people signed up.  Given the low count I'm not planning to try to get the group site at Hopewell Lake Campground (in September it goes off the reservation system, and is $125/night).  My plan is to camp in a spot close to Hwy 64 just a little past the lake, it's signed, 64D2 and is the first dirt road on your left after passing the lake.  You'd pull in, cross the cattle guard, and pretty much immediately see my Airstream on your right.  If you do want to use the campground here's the link to information:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/carson/recreation/recarea/?recid=44070
Also, given that it is the start of hunting season, dispersed national forest camping starts to get a little busy up there, so if for some reason I can't get us in that spot I'll try to find something else and get that communicated.  There is no reliable cell phone coverage out there.If you think you even might attend please email me a phone number and if I have to change locations I'll send out a text.  I'm planning to get out there Thursday afternoon though to try to make sure I get the spot.
Here's the link with more information about the various routes and associated GPS data, but you're also welcome to come out, camp, and ride whatever you want.  Options abound out there and September is typically pretty ideal conditions.
http://nm-es.weebly.com/cruces-basin-bfl.html
Registration located here (free as always, we're not going to approach our limit of 74 I don't think but it's nice to know who to expect):http://nm-es.weebly.com/cruces-basin-bfl-registration.html

If you have any questions drop me an email.Cheers,Nate

Nathan Berg
F.I.S.T. Certified Tri/TT and Road Race Bike Fitter
F.I.S.T. Equipped Fit Center: EXiT cycling fit bike, Computrainer Resistance Unit, Purely Custom Variable Length Crank.
Pedal/Shoe interface trained by Paul Swift of BikeFit LLC
http://fit2wincycling.com
(505)980-5388