[NMCycling] Sunscreen?

Mark Leisher mleisher at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 11:36:42 MDT 2023

I've used Sawyer Stay Put SPF 30 or 50 for years. A lot of triathletes use
it because it stays on for a long time, in water and out. Which is good,
because I sweat a lot cycling/running. Plus it doesn't sting my eyes as
much as other sunscreens used to. The only downside for me so far is it can
block pores if I don't clean it off daily, leading to zits. There is a
version that can be applied if you're already wet or sweaty, but I've found
that for me, one good coat of the regular formula works for a whole day
(e.g. The Chupacabras 100km in Juarez).

On Sun, Aug 6, 2023 at 10:41 AM Hawke Morgan via Bike-racers <
bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:

> I would like to probe the New Mexico cycling hive mind about sunscreen. I
> have used bullfrog for years, but am a bit concerned about it being
> somewhat toxic. I find with zinc oxide only sunscreens I tend to wipe them
> off getting sweat out of my eyes, and then get sunburned anyway. I got some
> chemical and zinc oxide sunscreen from Target and it seems to interfere
> with the sweating/cooling process. Do you have a favorite you might
> recommend?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hawke Morgan
> Morgan Roundabouts LLC