[NMCycling] Sunscreen?

John Vance adogapanicinapagoda at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 17:14:08 MDT 2023

I recently switched to the old standard Coppertone Water Babies 50 spf.  In
the latest Consumer Reports tests, it was only one of two products that
actually exceeded its claimed SPF.  50 claimed, 65 actual.  The "natural"
products fared especially badly.  After 4 hours of riding, you still have
to scrub to get the stuff off of you so it has some staying power.  EWG
seems to not hate it, but imo good protection against skin cancer outweighs
most of their concerns.