[NMCycling] RCTT: Who was Paula HIggins?

thechadisgreat at yahoo.com thechadisgreat at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 16:07:17 MDT 2023

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, August 30, 2023, 3:38 PM, Jennifer Buntz via Bike-racers <bike-racers at mailman.swcp.com> wrote:

With the Record Challenge Time Trial coming up this weekend, some of you who are newer to the NM/ABQ cycling scene might be wondering who Paula Higgins.
Paula was many things to the cycling community.  She was active in NMBRA in its earliest days, together with her husband Jerry Kiuttu.  Paula was my Landis teammate, along with Carolyn Donnelly.  We rode many AZ and NM races together, sporting the green and white of team White Mountain.  She won the NMBRA New Mexico Road Series championship in her division 6 times.
Paula was a time trialist too.  She got the gold medal at the 1997 National Championship in the Women's Tandem Time Trial event with Carolyn Donnelly.  Carolyn and Paula still hold the National Tandem TT record that they set in 1995.
You can see the wealth of TT records that have been set at our very own Moriarity course here.
I've posted pictures of Paula on the Duke City Wheelmen website, with a bit more info about her.
http://www.dukecitywheelmen.org/

Good luck out there Sunday/Monday!
JenPresident, Duke City Wheelmem_______________________________________________
Bike-racers mailing list