[NMCycling] Lone Cottonwood Gravel

Hawke Morgan yourstruly at fastmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:37:04 MST 2023

Hello,

The Lone Cottonwood Gravel Circuit is coming up Saturday 2/11.  It will be a ~6.5 mi circuit in the Albuquerque South Valley.  Pretty much flat course on mostly open dirt roads with a little singletrack for variety.  Not much sand.  I am going to run 34mm tubulars.  Anything over 40mm tires will be overkill.  Last year was a good year for goatheads, and though I will do my best to have the course avoid goathead patches, make sure your tire sealant is fresh.

One of our sponsors, Gyros Mediterranean, has offered to cater us some lunch munchies post-race.  Lunch will be at about 2:30.  Please sign up if you are coming by Thursday at 11:59PM to let me know how many to expect.

Race or tour paced riders are welcome.  At 12 noon we will do a neutral first lap, no one dropped.  Then we will start together at 12:35.  If you want to skip the preride you could just show up then.  Riders wanting to go race can do so, and riders wanting to tour and enjoy the winter bosque scenery can do so as well.  Tourists might want to do 2-3 laps and the racers will do 4.

Signup and picnic will be at Los Padillas Community Center.  Start is on the east side of Isleta Blvd where Desiderio intersects the ditchorad, about 2 blocks from Isleta.

If parking fills up at the Community Center, you can park along Isleta in the vicinity of Desiderio, but be careful not to block anyone’s driveway.  Do not park east of Isleta on Desiderio, between Isleta and the ditchroad, as it is kind of narrow, and we want to be respectful of the residents.

https://bcdracing.com/2023isleta.html

Thanks,

Hawke Morgan
Morgan Roundabouts LLC