[NMCycling] TNC thoughts

Hawke Morgan yourstruly at fastmail.com
Wed Mar 1 21:55:56 MST 2023

Hello,

Joey is not going to be able to do the crits this year.  I would like to propose the idea of several teams sharing the work of doing the TNCs this year, ideally with no one group doing more than one a month.   I spoke to some of the Nero Veloce guys and they seemed interested.  I think sharing would help keep any one team from getting too burned out, which is kind of what has been happening for the last 20 years.

Would the Echelon guys be interested in doing one a month?  Some other team?  Road teams are getting thin in NM nowadays.  Maybe Red Rock Roasters?  Maybe 505?  Even RA/MV Racing?  We can share my insurance.  Teams can keep most of the proceeds less a little for my permit, and time getting the details worked out with the city.  Or maybe someone else  would like to be the principal organizer and get the permits?  I would still be willing to do one a month under that scenario, and give them a cut for their permit and time.  I am happy not to do them at all and just do TNMTB and TNCX which is really more where my heart is, if someone else wants to take them on, but I am also willing to be the principal organizer and do one a month if that is how we can keep them going.

I was thinking of doing the Tuesday MTBs until after Gila, and then start up the TNCs on 5/2, but I am flexible.

Please talk to your teams and get back to me, sooner rather than later, as the logistics take some time.

Best Regards,

Hawke Morgan
Morgan Roundabouts LLC
(505) 259-6885