[NMCycling] donate old tools anyone??

Jennifer Buntz bikefunsafe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 10:22:53 MST 2023

Hi,

I'm Jennifer Buntz and work with Duke City Wheelmen (DCW).  One of the
things DCW does is place Ghose Bikes for surviving friends and family.
http://www.dukecitywheelmen.org/

Sadly, we also have to replace Ghost Bikes from time to time, for various
reasons too.

In the preparation of old bicycles to become Ghost Bikes, most of the parts
are removed.  In this process it is usually necessary to remove the
(mostly) freewheels and then later shorten the chain (no rear derailleur).

I would like to build a collection of freewheel removal tools and a couple
of chain tools for this process.  If you have one you can donate, please
reply to dukecitywheelmem at gmail.com

In Albuquerque, tool donations can be taken to Trek bike shop (Meanul near
San Mateo NE)  Please put them in a baggie and include a paper that says it
is a donation for DCW.

If you have a tool you would like to donate and live out of ABQ, DCW can
pay shipping.  email me and we'll work out the details.

Thanks for considering!

Jen
dukecitywheelmen at gmail.com
text: 505-306-1443