[NMCycling] Santana Tandem for Sale

Angel Chavez angel.chavez at comcast.net
Fri Mar 31 08:19:26 MDT 2023

We are selling the Santana Tandem. I purchased this last year from a well-known rider in our cycling community and the bike has some history of being ridden by some local legends.
I’ve spent about three weekends completely rebuilding this bike and installed a lot of new parts.
Sandy and I rode it one time after rebuilding it and determined tandem riding is fun but not really for us.

The first list is how I received it and the second list is what I did to it.

How I received it:
• Size Large - fits captain ~5’10” to ~ 6’5” and stoker ~5’2” to ~6’
• Steel with flat bar
• Phil Wood hubs on wheels built by Peter White
• XT rd and shifter with 10 speed XT 11-36 cassette
• XT levers with Avid Single-Digit V brakes
• 175/170 cranks
• 52/36/28 chainrings with Specialites rings on 52/36
• Gatorskin 28mm tires
• Surley stainless timing rings
• Brooks B-17s stoker saddle
• Selle Italia captain saddle

What I did and Installed:
• Rebuilt and repacked Headset
• Repacked wheel bearings and true wheels
• Converted captain flat bar to road bike bars. (new handle bar and stem)
• New Supacaz bar tape with gel pads inserts underneath tape
• Installed new Kool Stop Dual Compound braked pads.
• Installed all new shifter and brake cables.
• Installed new Shimano Ultegra ST-6600 3x10 shifter (NEW)
• Installed new Shimano Deore Long Cage Rear Derailleur (for better shifting performance)
• Stoker new flat bar with ergonomic bar end extender and grips.
• New Conti GatorSkin 700x32 tires with new thorn resistance tubes
• Two new Shimano BB-UN300 bottom brackets

This bike is clean, tuned, and ready to ride.

Does not come with pedals but I may consider leaving the two new pair of Shimano SPD/Flat dual platform pedals on it for and additional $100

Price $1550

Angel
505-688-6849

Images are in the PDF document