[NMCycling] Duke City Wheelmen

Jennifer Buntz bikefunsafe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 19:33:56 MDT 2023

Hi all,
While DCW wasn't able to organize any cycling events this year, we have
been busy.  Check out our website <http://www.dukecitywheelmen.org/> for
information about this years Dia de los Muertos ofrenda exhibit at the
National Hispanic Cultural Center.

Special event will be held there on November 5th to commermemat the day.

This coming weekend, October 28 and 29 there will be two ghost bike
placements.

On Saturday we will be reinstalling a ghost bike for Joe Gamez.  This is
the bike that was hit by a car after we put it up last year.
https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-metro/ghost-bike-at-unser-and-kimmick-honors-mans-friend/

2 pm, where Kimmick Dr. intersects Unser Blvd
https://maps.app.goo.gl/vooZH9NMgNk3VCYWA

Sunday, also at 2 pm, we'll be in Santa Fe putting up a ghost bike for
Nathan Gray.  He was the victim of a hit-and-run driver on August 1, 2023.

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/family-speaks-out-after-bicyclist-killed-in-santa-fe-hit-and-run/amp/

Old Pecos Trail near I-25 at the cross street Santa Barbara Drive.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/nNoKQouzaRbtNx957

Interested people can text me if they have questions and all are welcome at
the two ghost bike events.  Love to see some cyclists there to support the
families.

Thank you,
Jennifer Buntz
505-306-1443