[NMCycling] Free Wheels

Clay Moseley tclaynm at gmail.com
Wed May 8 11:37:42 MDT 2024

I have a pretty nice little collection of tubular wheelsets just taking up
space in a shed.  I've kept them for years thinking I'd come out
of retirement (haha... not really), start training and turn pro again, or
to give to juniors in need to race on the road, which doesn't seem to be
much of a thing these days.  Really, I think I just kept them due to
nostalgia and because they're cool and I always thought I'd have a museum
of old bike crap.

Some have Campy hubs and rims, some are Campy hubs with GEL330 and I think
one front wheel even has a very light GEL280 rim.  I think there may be a
couple of nice Shimano Dura-Ace hubs, but I'd have to double-check.  I
can't recall if they're all thread-on freewheel hubs, but I think they
are.  I think I have like 3-4 sets or mix-match wheels.  The tubulars on
them, while being interesting collector's items, are not worthy of riding
on anymore; at least I don't think so.

If anyone just wants them, they're free for the taking.  I do live in Los
Alamos, so you'd have to come get them here.  I'm rarely in Abq anymore, so
it wouldn't be something that could be coordinated in any reasonable time
period.

I also have a really cool, old-school Campy Ghibli disk that has an old
freewheel sort of seized onto it.  It could probably be loosened and
removed with some liquid wrench or something.  It can be used for track
racing.  Free for the taking, but you gotta promise it'll be used...

Clay