Thank you NMBRA for your support for racing and for providing a reminder for the TRIFECTA in Las Cruces and Hillsboro on March 4th and 5th.
By way of reminder, the last day to register without a late fee
is Wed. March 1st.
AND with a late fee March 2nd. Please don't wait for the last
minute to register it will make your life easier if you just get
And, There will be a packet pick at Outdoor Adventures on
Missouri Ave. in Las Cruces (http://www.outdooradventures-lc.com/)
until 8 p.m. on Friday March 3rd.
- Your NMBRA will be holding an election meeting this coming Saturday, 2/25, starting @ 3:00 PM, @ Sport Systems Community Room. We will be electing 2 Members at Large positions and 1 Treasure position to join our current board members. If you are interested in becoming a member of the board I strongly encourage you to show up. Your NMBRA is going thru a transition period and the new members will be helping finalize it. Sport Systems is located on 6915 Montgomery Ne, Albuquerque, NM 87109
- The first Zia Ride Mt. Bike Event is coming up this weekend, 2/25 in Silver City, NM. More information visit ZiaRides.
- The first road race of the New Mexico Road Series, The Trifeca Series, is coming up on March 4th-5th in Las Cruces, NM. You can register for the race @ New Mexico Sports On line.
- As you current Road/CX Upgrade Coordinator for New Mexico I would like to encourage all racers that want/need an upgrade to submit your request sooner then later. It takes me a couple days to complete and depending on how much information and lead I have, it may take longer. More information can be found @ USAC website . Bellow are the general gidelines
GUIDELINES AND NOTES BY CATEGORY
- Category 5 to 4: Finish 10 mass start races.
- Category 4 to 3: 20 points; or experience in 25 races with a minimum of 10 top-10 finishes with fields of 30 riders or more; or 20 pack finishes with fields over 50. 30 Points in 12 months is a mandatory upgrade.
- USA Cycling-sanctioned rider camps and clinics that are approved by the Local Associations for upgrading will count as a maximum of three upgrade points when upgrading from category 4 to 3.
- Category 3 to 2: 30 points; 40 points in 12 months is a mandatory* upgrade
- Category 2 to 1: 35 points**; 50 points in 12 months is a mandatory* upgrade
- Attached to this e-mail you will find a list of Road/Mt Bike/Endurance events for 2017. This information will be placed in your NMBRA web site soon. If your are planning an event and you would like to have it listed please contact me off the bike-racers list and I will make sure it will be included. Please note that your event does not need to be sanctioned by USAC to be listed, although I would encourage you to do so due to liability.
_______________________________________________ Bike-racers mailing list Bikefirstname.lastname@example.org http://mailman.swcp.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/bike-racers
-- David Rutledge, PhD New Mexico State University Co-Department Head Dept. of Curriculum and Instruction 575-646-5411 "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald Assistant Chair of the Information Technology Council Executive Board Member SITE (Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education) http://site.aace.org/