[Hhsband] Great event 8/5/16 and next happenings

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Fri Aug 5 21:45:22 MDT 2016

Wow - What a great concert, potluck and dye party

Welcome to all the new band members and their families.  We hope that
you had fun this evening and if my car is any indication you will all
remember the dye party for many days as you continue to find cornstarch
in the seats, the carpets.....

I would like to thank all the volunteers to helped cook (Manny, Kathy
(she cooked on two grills!)), all the wonderful servers (I can't
remember everyone that helped - cause they just kept jumping in when
they saw a need). Dye party champion Mike Goodrich (along with bringing
all the tables, two grills, coolers and not sure what else) and Joey
Loving who just helped whenever and whomever needed it.

The Boosters would also like to recognize and thank Ms. Gonzales who
works tirelessly to inspire our daughters and sons. She is tops in our
hearts and is the true Wizard of Highland.

Please pass on to your students that the left over hamburgers, cheese
and buns are in the band room freezer/refrigerator.

Next up for the band is the march-a-thon Saturday 8/20/16.  We will be
having a Booster meeting next Tuesday 8/9 at 5:30 in the Band room to
talk about all that is involved. This is the single biggest fundraiser
for the band. We march a parade route through the Ridgecrest
neighborhoods. Please come to our meeting and support the band.