[Hhsband] Football games and competitions

Mary Scofield maryscof at scofie.net
Thu Aug 25 20:46:05 MDT 2016

Saturday is our first game. Kids will be bused, and parents can drive -
carpooling is recommended.

We will be organizing and loading the band truck at the PAC, so if you
can stay when dropping off your student(s) (at the time Ms G sets) to
help it would be awesome.

We will have large water containers for the kids in the stands, but
Community doesn't allow food to be brought in. We traditionally have
drinks and fruit snacks for the kids when they get back to the PAC after
the game.  If you would be willing to help out with that, let me know.
Keep receipts for reimbursement from Anne Schmauss.

Check the schedule in your band handbook for the schedule of events.
There is also a game the Saturday of Labor weekend and one on Thursday
night of Fall break.

We will soon be needing to car pool kids to competition rehearsals at
stadiums after school (we haven't received dates or times yet) and we
car pool the kids to competitions (we have had real problems with buses
not arriving because of balloon fiesta, etc).  Is there someone who
would volunteer to tackle organization of car pool vehicle (kids can not
drive students). Please give me a shoot out at maryscof at scofie.net and
I'll help with giving the specifics, etc.

*If you want to car pool students you will need to go online to APS's
human resources page and do a parent volunteer background check. You
will also need to bring Ms G a copy of your drivers license and vehicle
insurance card.  For returning parents, remember that your background
check needs to be redone if its two years old.  Parents of Juniors and
Seniors - that probably means you.*

Lastly - I got some questions about show shirts at the marchathon - if
we want to do another shirt order we must order at least 24 shirts. We
did not order extras this year because of the left over shirts from
previous years. If I could get a count of those who would like to order
shirts then I can determine if we have the needed 24 for reorder. Please
email me at maryscof at scofe.net and I'll confirm receipt of the email.
Another option I would encourage is to purchase one of the previous
year's shirts - it would still be a highland band show shirt and it
would help Ms.G get paid for those shirts.